Sign up for Dean's free newsletter and for news, previews, and more!
Trixie and Jinx is a part of the Auryn line from Auryn Inc. and is based on Dean Koontz’s book by the same name, with illustrations by Janet Cleland. I, Trixie who is dog (iPad App) Illustration (c) Janet Cleland.
Not everyone can be a dog. Some must be people. Some must be cats, or birds, or even skunks, although it’s hard to explain why anyone would want to be a skunk. But Trixie is happy, because she does get to be a dog – the best thing there is to be. The food, the belly rubs… if only she could drive, her life would be perfect!
Bestselling author Dean Koontz gives readers a fun, lighthearted glimpse into the imagination of Trixie, his beloved golden retriever, whose quirky narration and irrepressible spirit will delight readers young and old.
Key features include
- Personalization of picture, voice and text:
- Children can double up as illustrators of this book app by coloring Trixie herself, the background layouts, and other elements in every page using bright vibrant colors.
- Kids can become their own narrator or listen to their parents narrate the book.
- Interactivity allows kids to personalize the sentence, create new action words and sharpen their vocabulary skills
- Features on each page:
- Image and word association vocabulary builder – when an image is touched the associated word is spoken and the written word displayed.
- Karaoke effect – when a word is spoken during narration then the word is highlighted.
- Touch a word to hear it being spoken.
- Three ways to read the book.
- “Read to me” – Listen to the narrated story while the text is displayed Karaoke style. After the narration finishes on a page the child can interact with objects till they are ready to move to the next page.
- “Read myself” – There is no narration but the child can touch a word to hear it being spoken aloud.
- “Auto Play” – same as “Read to Me” except the page advances automatically once the narration is finished. Useful for those long car rides when you want the child to have a complete book experience.