Auryn, Inc., the most award-winning digital publisher of interactive children’s stories for the iPad and other tablet devices, today announces the availability of Trixie and Jinx, the second ebook app by blockbuster author Dean Koontz.
With the release of the award-winning I, Trixie Who Is Dog app late last year, Auryn and Koontz brought the author’s beloved golden retriever Trixie to life on the iPad. Together, they have now released the second Trixie ebook adventure, just in time for children and families to enjoy it on summer vacations. Again, Koontz will be donating his proceeds from the app to Canine Companions, a charity he has long supported that trains service assistance dogs for adults, children and veterans with disabilities.
Giving readers another fun, lighthearted glimpse into the imagination of Trixie with quirky narration and irrepressible spirit, this app will delight readers young and old. It details the story of Trixie who longs for her buddy Jinx the dachshund when he goes on vacation. Lonely Trixie tries to find new friends, but discovers that spiders have no sense of humor and mice just can’t appreciate a good tail-chase; no one can compare to Jinx.
“Auryn’s adaptations of these two books are wonderful. Reading them, playing with them, I am a child again,” says New York Times’ best-selling author Dean Koontz.
Trixie and Jinx is now available on the iTunes app store for $3.99 at http://bit.ly/trjinx
Key features of the storybook app include:
- Personalization of picture, voice and text:
– Children can double up as illustrators of this book app by coloring Trixie herself, the background layouts, and other elements in every page using bright vibrant colors.
– Children can become their own narrator or listen to their parents narrate the book.
– Interactivity allows kids to personalize the sentence, create new action words and sharpen their vocabulary skills.
- Image and word association vocabulary builder – when an image is touched the associated word is spoken and the written word displayed.
- Karaoke effect – when a word is spoken during narration then the word is highlighted.
- Touch a word to hear it being spoken.
Trixie and Jinx is offered three ways for kids and families to enjoy:
- “Read to me” – Listen to the narrated story while the text is displayed Karaoke style. After the narration finishes on a page the child can interact with objects until they are ready to move to the next page.
- “Read myself” – There is no narration but the child can touch a word to hear it being spoken aloud.
- “Auto Play” – same as “Read to Me” except the page advances automatically once the narration is finished. Useful for those long car rides when you want the child to have a complete book experience.