Trixie and Jinx is a part of the Auryn line from Auryn Inc. and is based on Dean Koontz’s book by the same name, with illustrations by Janet Cleland.
Not everyone can be a dog. Some must be people. Some must be cats, or birds, or even skunks, although it’s hard to explain why anyone would want to be a skunk. But Trixie is happy, because she does get to be a dog – the best thing there is to be. The food, the belly rubs… if only she could drive, her life would be perfect!
Bestselling author Dean Koontz gives readers a fun, lighthearted glimpse into the imagination of Trixie, his beloved golden retriever, whose quirky narration and irrepressible spirit will delight readers young and old.
Key features include
- Personalization of picture, voice and text:
- Children can double up as illustrators of this book app by coloring Trixie herself, the background layouts, and other elements in every page using bright vibrant colors.
- Kids can become their own narrator or listen to their parents narrate the book.
- Interactivity allows kids to personalize the sentence, create new action words and sharpen their vocabulary skills
- Features on each page:
- Image and word association vocabulary builder – when an image is touched the associated word is spoken and the written word displayed.
- Karaoke effect – when a word is spoken during narration then the word is highlighted.
- Touch a word to hear it being spoken.
- Three ways to read the book.
- “Read to me” – Listen to the narrated story while the text is displayed Karaoke style. After the narration finishes on a page the child can interact with objects till they are ready to move to the next page.
- “Read myself” – There is no narration but the child can touch a word to hear it being spoken aloud.
- “Auto Play” – same as “Read to Me” except the page advances automatically once the narration is finished. Useful for those long car rides when you want the child to have a complete book experience.
I, Trixie who is dog (iPad App) Illustration (c) Janet Cleland.